Where possible we design and operate our programmes in a way that gives the highest degree of long-term economic benefit to local communities, whilst maintaining and
improving the environment.
- We aim to use local suppliers wherever possible.
- We aim to develop long-term relationships overseas.
- We aim to be responsible in the disposal of waste e.g. bottles and packaging.
- We aim to avoid buying bottled water wherever possible by providing all particpants with purifcation systems, and in doing so help to reduce plastic waste
- We aim to ensure that our type of tourism is appropriate to local conditions and does not overload local infrastructure.
- We aim to send the majority of our paperwork via email, where this is not possible, paper will be from recyclable sources.
- We take into consideration economic, environmental and cultural issues when looking at new destinations.
- We aim to achieve zero litter policies everywhere we operate.
- We aim to work closely with all relevant local bodies to help preserve and improve the environment.
- We encourage our clients to use biodegradable shampoos and detergents to prevent pollution.
- We encourage our clients never to buy products that exploit or aid in the destruction of habitats or species.
- We encourage local involvement and provide financial support for economic, social or environmental projects that will benefit local communities.
- We encourage our clients, through our literature and courses, to act in a socially responsible way.
- We attempt to impart an insight and understanding of the host culture and community to our clients so that they can gain more from visiting them.
- We run our offices in a responsible manner by monitoring, and where possible reducing, our energy usage, as well as recycling.
- We support World Animal Protection's elephant friendly tourism pledge, promoting elephant friendly travel.
- We provide regular and ongoing training in the principles and practices of responsible tourism.