One of the aims of the project from start to finish, and especially the overseas component is to make the time as beneficial to the team members as possible with regard to their education and
The Learning Objectives that we apply to all CRED Trips can be summarized as follows:
- All – Gain a cultural experience, and increased knowledge and understanding of the country visited.
- Most – Develop a greater depth of knowledge and understanding of how their actions impact on those that they teach. They actively plan and deliver meaningful lessons and
activities in line with the requirements of their hosts.
- Some – Embrace global citizenship and use their experiences to help shape and influence both their own futures, and those that they work with at home and in the host
Whilst each trip will be unique, and bring its own set of specific educational links, there are many ways that all trips can be seen to fit in with the national curriculum, as indicated below. The
projects also fit very well with several ASDAN courses and the International Baccalaureate.
Modern Foreign Languages
- Appreciating the richness and diversity of other cultures.
- Recognising that there are different ways of seeing the world, and developing an international outlook
- Using imagination to overcome language barriers and express thoughts, ideas, experiences and feelings
Learning some of the local language
- Exploring how the creative application of scientific ideas can bring about technological developments and consequent changes in the way people think and behave, in the context of the local
community, and the lifestyle of the local people.
- Use real-life examples as a basis for finding out about science
- Study science in local and global contexts, and appreciate the connections between these